Sunday, October 5, 2014

High Life

Today is probably one of the most emotional days ever since I'm here. Here's why. 

Sally and I laughed so much and so hard today. I think it is the hardest I've laughed ever since never. It all started with Jarvis's typo and after that we never stopped laughing. And it isn't because we kept laughing at only one thing - subsequently funny things happened consecutively and we were laughing till our stomachs and cheeks hurt. 

Also, the temperature decided to drop to a freaking 8ºC, every time we open our mouth, fog (?) came out and we were so amused and surprised. That made us laugh all over again. Then Sally decided to snapchat that fog but it couldn't be captured because it was too dark and things escalated quite quickly. Suddenly we sound very sexual. Then yeah, you guessed it, laughter fits round 5. 

(Side note, apparently Autumn is only beginning right now and last week was the end of Summer. Seriously? Summer here means having an outerwear and jeans as some sort of necessity? O K. Think Winter I just hibernate already.)

Oh and we had our Asian fix at Kokoro. All's good, right?

All's good until we wanted to do our laundry and I realised my wallet went missing. 

The wallet that kept my room card, student card, £20, bus pass (that's worth £148), laundry card (that's worth £50) and a few of my most treasured polaroid films. 

I honestly didn't feel much except the fact that I just got myself locked out of my room. Sally and I then decided to back track in a 8ºc weather with wind and hopefully spot my wallet somewhere off the pavement, but naaaaaaah. 

Yeah, so I wasn't feeling very high anymore and slowly the pain of being careless stung me and I'm just like "fuckkkkk, if I don't get it back, my mom is going to kill me." 

Sally offered her Ben & Jerry's after to me and we finished half a tub while watching Running Man. I went home feeling a little miserable, and just hoping some kind soul would return it to the bus station or something. 

So after our laundry and a good one hour later, Sally text me a picture of my wallet sitting very comfortably on her table. Apparently it was hiding behind her Mac. I don't know what the fuck was I thinking, placing it at that area. 

I AM SO BLESSED. Thank you mom and dad, ancestors, Buddha and Guanyinma. And I apologise for all the hokkien obscenities I spewed after knowing my wallet is in good hands. 

Honestly, there has been so many of such similar situations and it is only less than 2 weeks since we arrived. Talk about high life. Don't need to party and shit when you have all that nonsense coming right at you. So fun so fun.

I hope I never have to experience this ever again. It seems like I HAVE to (almost) lose my things every time I embark on a new journey or trip. Every. single. fucking. time. I really do have pretty shit luck. That or my carelessness is extremely severe.

So glad I can sleep peacefully tonight. I am so thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment