Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Phase One

Hello from Guildford, finally. 

I had to post this up despite that there are 2 other pending entries in my draft, waiting for me to make them decent enough to go up on my space. I've finally settled down in my hostel aka student village (as they would like to call it) and unpacked every single thing. Yes I am proud and satisfied that I've done that all in less than 3 hours HAHA look at me being shameless. 

I'd like to think that I'm blessed more than lucky, because I am, in reality, extremely unlucky. Still I hang on to the belief that everything happens for a reason, so even if I'm crazy unlucky, there's ought to be some rationale behind it. As to why I say that though, well... I think it would be easier for everyone to digest if I put it into bullet forms. 

1. I was desperate for cheap accommodation in London before I came over to Guildford, and even had to delay my flight in efforts to cut cost. Fortunately, it was also because of this that Sally's friend, Elvina, was able to rent out her place during the 4 days I was there. 

2. I was so close to taking the Tube to Elvina's place from the airport, and thank goodness I didn't, because I would have to change train thrice and go through the morning crowd at central London. Nope, not going to do that with 45kg worth of luggages and bag pack all over me with a shit face at 6.30am. I couldn't even balance properly with all that weight around me lulz. Even though that meant spending £120 on cab (that is a bloody $240 on a taxi yeah fuck me and fuck the exchange rate) because I was stupid enough to not book a cab as that would have been cheaper. I would explain more on this in future... bummer really. 

3. I did not experience jet lag at all. 

4. Meals and service on British Airways exceeded my expectations. I was really enjoying the plane's food hahaha. 

5. I coincidentally bumped into Sally and her parents after alighting the cab at my school. They helped me A LOT, I really don't know what kind of state I will be in if not for them - we had to carry shit loads of groceries and home tools back from the supermarket, to the extent the parents decided to call a cab. PLUS, her mom cooked dinner for me and it was so bloody good ahhhh asian food /cries/ 

6. I also managed to cut cost on some home and kitchen equipment because Sally and I decided to share HAHA. If she wasn't there, I probably couldn't enjoy this mini privilege.

7. Sally's just staying one block away from me (pure coincidence) and that's also mainly why her parents could help me so much. And it makes sharing of stuff so much more convenient haha. 

Felt really blessed, especially after all the help and the lovely dinner from Sally and her parents. Couldn't be more thankful to how things turned out, thank you to all those who prayed for me, and to my ancestors watching me from above.

I got this air freshener in my room and I love the smell of it!!!! So happy with this buy hehehehehehe. 

I'm really on my own this time. Funny thing is, I don't feel like there is a great deal of difference in my life. Probably because I grew up sleeping alone and am already used to such a lifestyle, but I felt like home. Making and arranging my things around my room gave me this sense of belonging and satisfaction, like this is MY room and I can do whatever I want to it, kinda. The space was just right for me, the only thing I'm missing is my bolster. But ah, when in Rome do what the Romans do right? Just have to deal with it. 

I would love to talk more but it is already 2am here so I better head to (my new) bed. I would also want to take this opportunity (lol speech sia) to thank all those who came down to send me off! Really glad to see all your faces one last time :-) 

Will fill up this space with all my thoughts and travelogues as soon as I can be arsed to do so hahaha. 

Oh well, to better days ahead!  

1 comment: