Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Diminished Wisdom

Looked through the details on my electronic flight ticket and contract and... couldn't help but feel a little helpless and lost. Terms such as an "open" air ticket and Warsaw Convention appeared so familiar yet foreign to me sigh. 

I've learnt, memorised and have been tested on these terms and theories during my poly years. It's sad that I've failed to retain the knowledge in my brain. I really did enjoyed studying and understanding about the airlines industry though. 

It's a struggle - sometimes I feel that our education system favours the limits of time, where we absorb as much as possible within a given time, only to forget about them after that. Or is it purely my wrong that I did not take the effort to continuously and diligently read up? After all, theories only make complete sense when we put them into practice, when it becomes part of our lives and routine, that's how people never forget right?

Haha what am I even saying, it is mostly my fault though I'd still put a small amount of blame on our education system (hey, I'm flawed and not selfless). 

I'm just annoyed because it seems as though I've wasted my time studying for things that I will forget. Jezuz. 


No comments:

Post a Comment