Friday, July 4, 2014

Stealing Time

Sup nigs. I had one of the most sinful weekdays this is such a bittersweet feeling. 

Let my guilt flow through this entry hahahaha / dramatic / 

You see on Wednesday night, I had this sudden craving for waffles. So I looked through my café checklist and Oblong was the nearest to my place. I conveniently disregarded the scoldings my tummy was giving me and asked Dev if he was free to go satisfy my cravings hahaha so on Thursday night we went to give it a shot. 

No regrets though! I like how they steer away from the usual plain buttermilk waffles and infused the whole red velvet idea into their waffles. We tried their red velvet waffles and it was gooOOooOood because firstly, it is unique and secondly, the cream cheese sandwiched in between really goes well with the waffles! We had seasalt caramel with pistachio ice cream and butterscotch syrup to go along with it and the entire combination was fantabulous man. 


They have this power combo thing where you get a waffle/lava cake/brownie, ice cream and coffee at only $10 nett. Super worth but their coffee sucks hahaha. We had their matcha latte and it was so diluted. But because the red velvet goodness was dope to Dev (but he says dope to every other food so I don't know man), we decided to give their lava cake a shot. 


It was crispy (but not burnt) on the outside, but warm and oozy on the inside! This time we tried their butterscotch pecan ice cream and to me it was not too bad. I preferred the seasalt while Dev preferred the latter so... it's quite hard to give a fair judgement on which ice cream tastes better! 

Coincidentally, we met Dev's secondary school friends at Oblong so we all got a free ride home YAAAAAY. And I also met my childhood bully there because she happens to be in Dev's secondary school clique HAHAHA talk about small world man. I couldn't remember what she did to me but she has been feeling guilty ever since that's why she could recognise me in an instant HAHA. 

Yeah, Joyce gets bullied too okay. 

It was the last stay over at Rach's place together with Abby after that! Got an advance birthday surprise from the girls because they couldn't be here with me when the actual day comes. Was really touched because I didn't expect it and also because Abby burnt her finger while trying to light the last candle up hahahaha. They got me Plain Vanilla's cupcakes and I was happy because I always wanted to try but didn't have a chance to hahaha so yay another food off my checklist! 


Yeah so we shared 6 cupcakes at midnight. Wow much fitspo. 



Stayed up till almost 5am before we all dozed off. It has been a loooong time since I slept after 2am and wake up after 10am hahaha. In any case, we got ready by noon and decided to head down to Assembly Coffee to shut our (or just mine) stomachs up. 




Their croissant with scrambled eggs were tasty!!!! The croissant was really good, it was crispy yet fluffy and anything that goes with eggs is a pure winner. 


And who the heck goes to Assembly Coffee without trying their waffles???? Yeah so we got an Earl Grey Waffle to share and WOW I LOVE IT!!!! The earl grey taste wasn't light until you can't taste it, but isn't strong till its overwhelming. I wanted to try their Apple Crumble pie (I love anything with crumbles) but we were too full. 


Come to think of it today was all about food hahaha. We walked down to town to get Rach's film developed then headed down to Food for Thought while waiting for Standing Sushi Bar to open. FINALLY TRIED STANDING SUSHI BAR OK. We were too full from lunch so we just ordered a lemongrass tea and did retarded things with Abby's camera. 


Obviously, we had some sashimi goodness after. For those who are interested to give that place a try, go on Thursdays!!! It is only worth your money then, but prepare to go early because the Singapore culture is to be kiasu so people start queuing by 530pm even though it only opens at 6pm hahaha.



Walked around town for awhile more before we part our ways. 

:-(

It still hasn't sink in though, the fact that the both of them are leaving in about 2 weeks time. And I won't be able to see them for the next 3 years. Keeping up with each other's lives will be tough, especially with the crazy time difference. Downloaded Snapchat even though I dislike it so much but because I figured it is the only platform where I can get the most recent updates from them when I am in UK. 

Sigh what have I succumbed to. 

But whatever happens in future, I am beyond blessed to have known you girls in the early stages of my polytechnic life. What a quirky friendship we share... I don't really know how to say it but I guess it is understood between the 3 of us. :-)


I hold the both of you very close to my heart if you don't already know. Thank you for the good times and I hate you both for leaving me so soon I  H A T E you girls. 

Another day of sin tomorrow. Well I had a great time, I hope you did too :-) 

1 comment: