Saturday, July 5, 2014

Change Is The Only Constant


Really, really wished I could sleep in today with the crazy downpour early this morning / cries / Such a challenge to crawl out of bed for work sigh. Thankfully, brunch service was good and we even had a mini churros parteyyyyyyy 3 CUPS that's a rare sight. Usually, we are only given a cup to share but I guess orders were a little messed up so hooray to the service crew hahahaha. 

I've been itching to get my entries for Hokkaido, Bangkok, Hong Kong and my job at the care centre up but there's always something to blog about everyday! 

Met up with the Aussie boy for brunch at Habitat before heading to the library. Although Habitat is famous for their truffle fries, we decided to go with Poutine and Mr. Aussie was so glad he did haha. I've tried it before so it was nothing new. However, for those who have been wanting to pay Habitat a visit, please give their Poutine (and Egg Relish) a try! 


This dish is common in Canada, but I doubt Habitat sticked to the original recipe. Basically, it is a bowl of fries topped with brown gravy and cheese. Sounds weird but the combination is good! 

(Thoughts) 

Haven't really been productive recently and since I have lesser work commitments, I thought I should catch up on my reading, been ages since I last finished a book. While browsing the collections I realised that my interest in the types of book I read has changed, quite drastically even. One year ago, I would go straight to the young adults collection and reach out for the ones that had romantic elements in it.

Sarah Dessen was my favourite author after I read The Truth About Forever 2 years ago. Naturally, this time I went to look for new books that were written by her as well. 

But the summary of each book didn't piqued my interest at all. In fact, I literally felt boredom and disinterest rising and filling up my senses, which I guess was pretty evident from my facial expression. It wasn't just her books, but other authors who had similar writing styles as Dessen. 

Instead, I ended up borrowing books that embodies the values of the importance of family, recovery and weirdly enough, grief. I've been curious about books that speaks about psychological barriers and the human mind. Not in the scientific kind of way though. 

Just like how I used to really dislike the word "LOL" or "lol". I really felt disgusted with that word, or people who used that word freely. Because I thought it didn't make sense. If it really is funny, why can't you just use "HAHA" or "hahahaha"? That's how a human laughs right? They don't go "LAWL or ELL-O-ELL" in real life, do they? I get how "lol" is frequently used when one is being sarcastic or wtv, I'd understand that I guess.

But hey, guess who is using LOL these days hahahaha. 

I'm surprised at myself though, really. Sometimes, I think about why I hate that word so much and tried to convince myself that it is actually quite addictive. I even literally say "lawl" when things are awkwardly funny. But the fact still remains - "hahaha" just makes more sense, even though "LOL" is also used to emphasise how funny something is. 

Maybe I should try to switch back to "HAHA" because I can never fully convince myself / woes / 

Did I just type 3 paragraphs explaining my internal struggles with "HAHA" and "LOL"..... I must be too free. 

I smell of oil and leftover food. Ok bye time for a shower. 

1 comment: