Monday, July 7, 2014

Beast's Feast

Ugh sin week man I've been having calories-laden food every single day, and I constantly remind myself that it is okay because I won't be able to enjoy such food-gasm and good life soon, because beggars can't be choosers you know.

But reality still remains. Ahhhhh, the struggles. Hahaha.

Scored a date (haha) with Yvette and finally we are out for brunch at legit brunch timing. It's been loooong since I head out of the house before 10AM for leisure but it was a good feeling! It was a great day because almost every food was paid by her HAHA so I had tons of fun sucking money out of her wallet. 

Ok la but I wasn't that bad ok, I still had some conscience in me hahaha. 

First stop was The Lokal! Though pretty new to this whole scene, it was already packed by 11AM. Had to share seats with another couple and we were so disappointed that their Peach Crumble wasn't available that day. So I made up my mind to visit the café again, and try their Breakfast Burger and their Crumble!

However, when I went to check back on their Instagram later that afternoon, there were people who posted pictures of the Peach Crumble SO ANGRY. I'm confused????? Sigh maybe the chef had a change of mood and decided to make them in the afternoon. / sobs / 

Settled for other items on their menu, where sweet and savoury comes together. 


Salmon & Mackerel, Potato Salad, Beetroot & greens ($20) | Their fishes are smoked in-house, and they do serve a rather thick slice of smoked salmon, no kidding. They were nicely done and they go well with their pita bread, haven't had such stuff for brunch so it was pretty cool! We'd rather do without their greens though they tasted really, really weird.  


Banana Bread with Caramelised Bananas and Yogurt ($12) | I know, it looks like a plate of sin but it really isn't that bad. I think they drizzled brown sugar sauce over it but the sourness of the yogurt blends in quite well! The sides of the bread was crispy but the bread itself was soft! Caramalised bananas were good and I really loved the peanut toppings, made the entire dish nicer! 

Didn't wanna eat too much over there because we had plans to café hop around, especially since there are tons around that area. Headed down to Waffle Slayer after since it was just a 7-minutes walk away! 

Because Waffle Slayer and Strangers' Reunion are opened by the same people and they are side by side, we had the benefit to order items off from SR as well! We were contemplating really hard if we should try their Deep Fried Poached Eggs, because what the hell? I haven't heard of any other cafes selling DEEP FRIED versions of the famous poached eggs man. But in the end, we settled for Baked Eggs bahaha. 


It is the same as Habitat's Egg Relish, but Strangers had more herbs and spices in their dish. 

And here comes the sex of the day - Apple & Almond Crumble Buttermilk Waffles. 


This was so damn good. It is now my favourite waffle combination of all time. I've heard mixed reviews about the waffles at Waffle Slayer so I wasn't expecting much, but this was awesome. No, beyond awesome. Their waffle was rather crisp on the outside, but moist on the inside. Ice cream wasn't too rich and somehow it doesn't seem to melt quickly, allowing us to slowly enjoy the entire dessert. The caramelised apples weren't sour and they were juicy man. Crumbles are my favourite, call me bias but everything is complete with crumbles. The crumbles made this entire dessert a winner. 

I LOVE YOU, CRUMBLES!!!!! Definitely going to go back to try their other waffles (like their Squid Ink, Red Velvet & Matcha holy mcoly) I'm missing it already. 

Made an impromptu decision to catch Tammy so we left for town. Mouth Restaurant was nearby so I casually told Yvette that the salted egg buns there are the bomb. 

Guess where we ended up after? Yes correct, Mouth Restaurant to try their salted egg buns AND tako croquette oh my shit my stomach almost burst. Plus they served us peanuts and Chinese tea. We had to down the tea really quickly because we were already late for our movie and it being smokin' hot wasn't helping either. But YES I have finally convert another friend of mine to try Mouth Restaurant's dim sum. Underrated and good, especially the salted egg buns. YUM YUM IN MY TUM TUM hehehehe.

 

I don't know how in the world I managed to eat so much. My soul is extremely happy but my body isn't hahahaha. But ok at least the soul is happy inner joy yeah inner joy. Thank you Nkg for the trrrrreat I am very happy can you treat me again since you are going to be bloody rich soon please???? Hehehehe. 

Dinner with the Chameleon girls later on, can't wait to feast on some Gyoza goodness hooooyeah. 

And I am so glad my Bishan buddy has gotten his license yay to being ferried around and supper outings!!!

I'm never a fan of suppers but I will make this an exception, since I get to have a ride back home hawwww. 

Up the weight and calorie intake? No problemo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment