Sunday, December 1, 2013

Stale

Another pretty pumped weekend to blog about yay weekends weekends ~ ~ ~

Though weekends are officially meant for Saturdays and Sundays, I welcome my Fridays in it as well and I think I love Fridays more than any of the other 6 days because I feel really liberalised. Okay not all the time but on many occasions! 

I met an old friend who came back from Oz for internship to as usual, catch up. For a friend who has stood by me most of the times for the past 6 years, I was overwhelmed with gratefulness and joy when I finally met the wizard. No fancy dinner needed for us because we settled for Macdonald's so that I could try the Ebi Prawn burger while he munched on his favourite rojak. The ebi prawn was ok la too bad there weren't any more banana pie :-( 

But we did head over to Creamier to try out their waffles though! Had a combination of Black Sesame and Sea Salt Gula Melaka. I got greedy (surprise) and ordered the Cranberry Pie which they imported from Windowsill in the Woods and it was the worst choice I made that night, and also the worst pie I've tasted lol. #sorrynotsorry 



Would have been better if the ice cream are creamier though! And the waffles are really good if you are into crispy ones, they taste like waffle biscuits. Having that said, I guess I was expecting a lot more for waffles that made it to the Top 5 in Singapore or something haha. 

Then came Saturday WHERE I SAT IN A MINI COOPER whoohoo! Finally finally finally finally met the Pudge after what seemed like years. Initially we planned to have Japanese cuisine at some mall at Alexendra Road but it was close so we headed to Riders Cafè for lunch. Bloody inaccessible though so thank god for her Mini Cooper! 

I do not have extensive knowledge of the cafe foods in Singapore so I don't know if crabmeat benedict is commonly sold - but I was happy Riders serve Pacific Benedict and though Spruce's crab cake may be tastier, Riders serve approvable crabmeat too yummeh. Comes with spinach too! 

Pudge's "The Usual" and my Pacific Benedict 

Ok a close-up. My crab meat are hidden below my runny and successful poached eggs ho ho.

And though the Death by Chocolate Cake was highly recommended through reviews, Jdyn and I aren't huge fans of chocolate so we gave that a miss and tried the Salted Caramel Brioche which was pretty good as well!! The ice cream is really yummy though it got shit ass sweet at the bottom of the cup. 


(I apologise for my lack of vocabulary in expressing how delicious all the food are.)

All the food talk aside, I'm glad that the both of us finally met after all that has happened (not that it was a dramatic friendship la), brings back the good times. Quite heartwarming la, more to come hopefully *_*

Then met F for dinner before going to watch the Kumar show with Vet and Boon at my company's club. YAY TIMBRE DUCK PIZZA just when I miss it hiok. This time we didn't order the buffalo wings though, ordered some breaded soft boiled egg with smoked salmon which I thought was quite good! But then again I could be bias cause it is a combination of eggs and salmon *drools* 


And Kumar is a hilarious and an extremely direct person hahahaha love his stand-up comedies. 

Was already drained by the end of the show but headed to Zouk anyway since it was already after midnight and I have no cheap public transport back. Nothing replaces the first girls night out experience though haha. 

Today I spent my entire day sleeping and taking short naps JUST WASTING MY LIFE AWAY. But it was good and the weather is purrrrrfect to cuddle with my bolster can't live without my bolster and shit it's Monday tomorrow big sigh big sigh. 

On a side note, I got tickets to Michael Learns To Rock for daddy and ma hehehe my dad really like this band and my mom kinda got influenced by my dad so... I hope they will like this present *fingers crossed*

And to be caught in the rain... best feeling I had in weeks :-)

Ok good luck to you and me, may you survive the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment