Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bloom

Finally decided to brush off some imaginary dust off this space of mine. I wonder who still visits this page now haha. Not that it really matters, since this is my very own mini bubble of (screened) thoughts.

I have about 20 minutes left to type whatever I have been wanting to pen down before I surrender myself to my main source of comfort - the bed. 

I woke up to a really shocking piece of news last Sunday. Initially I thought my dad was kidding but oh hell no. Thankfully, nothing major happened and everything is fine now. Our ancestors must have been watching over this family yay. It is easy to push everything else behind and comfort the traumatised that "everything is going to be okay", but when I really sat down to think about the consequences that will follow should the incident really happen.... it frightens me. 

I couldn't imagine what might have happened, so many things will change in a blink of an eye. It may even alter the goals I have set for my future. This crazy news taught me to appreciate my parents even more, and how life can be so unpredictable. Sometimes things just happen and you can't really put a finger to it. Nevertheless, I had one of the greatest weekends with my mom and dad, and I am beyond blessed to be born in this household - even though we do not have fame or wealth to flaunt about. 

Vague eh? But that's how I want it to be kweekwee. 

This month also taught me a little more about myself - how I am such a defensive idiot. It makes me react irrationally and I turn all indifferent and nonchalant to the family members that love me the most. Sigh I have to learn how to tame that spirit down. 

I guess heading over to Oz to further my studies has more or less gotten a green light - my parents have never opposed to any of my "talks" and is even planning to impart some "survival" skills to me hahaha. I hope all goes to plan, internship makes me miss studying so much and I really wish I could complete my final lap of education in a whole new environment. 

Alright, that's enough for one night. 

Good night.

2 comments: