Saturday, August 10, 2013

Obligations

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because you are chasing the wrong things." - Tuesdays with Morrie

Sadly, I am guilty of this. Maybe this is why I am always never fully awake while attending lectures or tutorials; why I always fall asleep in classes even though I may have ample rest the night before. I remembered feeling so awake and motivated doing and completing Union-related matters even though I might be so drained from school in the afternoon. A clear example of passion ruling over everything else. 

But I guess the saddest thing of all is that we can never get out of this vicious cycle. We can try, but we are all too eager to fit into society, to achieve what society deem as a necessity - a degree. Deep down inside I know that no matter how much I dread going through the whole process of studying for finals, I won't choose a different route because I am afraid that without sufficient qualifications I will never be able to be who I want to be. And maybe this is partially why I wanna head over to Oz to further my studies; I want to find something else that is refreshing and new while doing something I dread, a break away from the normal routine I lead in Singapore. 

Can't express my love for reading. It teaches you so many life lessons that you will never get from school. Oh wells.

Back to writing notes for my finals. Last ever 3 papers before I graduate. (sigh)

I will nail this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment