Friday, March 1, 2013

Next Phase

Hello fellow homo-sapiens! Year 2 is finally over and done with!!!! *throws confetti*

Academically, Year 2 was really hell. Group projects never really felt like group and every single module was extremely content-heavy. Just think about Tourism Law. And projects deadlines and presentations were badly scattered within the 3 weeks and 3 back-to-back papers was a disgusting idea. Ah, but to hell with it, I'm done. GPA is like a shithole already sobs.

Sometimes, I look back and wonder how on earth did I manage to cope. School, Union commitments, friends, family and work. This is going to sound really shameless but honestly I'm quite surprised I managed to cope. Even if it was with difficulty. 

Window-shopping around town all by myself never felt so therapeutic and calm. My schedule for the past few months have been so jam-packed I rarely had time for myself. Hence it became something I treasure and something I look forward to. In fact, being alone makes me happy. 

Well don't get me wrong. Being alone and being lonely are of 2 extremes. 

Through this journey (which I took up ever so willingly), I have to say I've been through enough to realise and cherish certain things. This I have admit before - making friends with me is easy, trying to stay friends is not. I suck at initiating conversations, even with the closest ones. And sometimes it is not even about my pride and ego, it just never occur to me. It is not easy continuing a conversation with me, I know that. All in all, it takes a lot of patience and understanding to stay close to me.

Therefore, I'm typing this to remind myself of the people who bother to stick with me despite my flaws and my busy schedule. People come and go, and I honestly missed the friends I've lost. 

To those who stayed, to those who are willing to stand up and stick with me, to those who understand, to those who give me the space I need, to those who always initiated conversations with me, to those who scolded me of my flaws yet still hang on to the friendship, to those who care and to those who love me for who I am genuinely,

thank you. I may not say this to you personally but I really appreciate this. Give me time to change into a better person. It's not going to be easy, you are probably still going to feel under-appreciated most of the time, but I promise to try and you will always be at the back of my mind no matter how busy I am. You know who you  all are :-)

As for now, Yggdrasil 13/14, I'm giving you my best. All my time and effort will be spent on you. 

We can do this shit woosah eh wah.


3 comments:

  1. I'll wait for you and see you after Yggdrasil 13/14 ;-)

    (wah please I sound like some potential bf)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA. Freaking hell you also got BAOC............

    ReplyDelete
  3. (oh I forgot someone else beat me to it gawd damn it!!!!>:()
    BAOC nia......... Crew chief more impt :-*

    ReplyDelete