Monday, February 11, 2013

Traditions

IT IS FINALLY HERE (CHINESE NEW YEAR) WHOOHOO!!! *throws pineapple tarts everywhere*

I have been waiting for this ever since 2013 came. Though I am not as involved as I was in previous years (spring-cleaning and etc.) because I was really busy. And yes I do feel guilty about it ok! But really, who can resist all the steamboats la, love letters la, homemade treats la, angpows la, AND ESPECIALLY PINEAPPLE TARTS OH MY GOD PINEAPPLE TARTS. 

I think that's my next favourite food after eggs. I can never describe my love for these 2 food stuff. *drools* 

So Day 1 is over, and I have to say, I did have a pretty good visiting session this year. Kept taking pictures with my relatives (will upload them after I put them all in a collage) and all the small talks with your aunts and uncles bla bla bla. 

What I feel sad about though, is that we Chinese (most of us) unfortunately lost our roots. The Malays and Indians wear their traditional costumes with PRIDE even until now, but... WHERE IS OUR CHEONGSAMS??? WHERE?? I miss seeing the females cloth themselves with all the traditional cheongsams sigh pie.

I mean if I have a shit ass good figure, I cross my heart to die I will wear cheongsam every year. But lawl. 

And how to enjoy cny fully when you have your finals in 2 weeks?! How to enjoy cny when this week is supposedly your study week? The education system... aiya. 

Day 2 - paternal side are all gonna come to my place for the whole day. Gambling den my house shall be. 

Before I head off, just a little video that made my night ;-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment