Friday, January 11, 2013

Chess Pieces



Well it has been long enough. 

It feels as though I never stopped being busy ever since June last year, and 2013 just got a lot worse. Putting my exco commitments aside, my days and nights usually only have 1 thing in constant - work. Individual report, group reports, presentations and tests pouncing on us in such a short time frame and sometimes I really feel like I'm drowning. I just stayed up till 5 in the morning to complete tutorials and a report due today. 27-page long of report oh lord, but it felt so good after we printed, binded and dropped it into the project box earlier. 1 down, 4 more to go. 

I foresee myself not getting any sleep during the weekends, with 1 test on Tuesday and 2 report submissions on Wednesday. And even after that, I'm not even 3/4 done with my submissions. Exams are coming up in a month's time, and even though I thankfully didn't flunk any common tests, I definitely didn't do well enough sigh pie. 

But despite feeling and looking so lethargic every day, I still kinda enjoy this mad rush, and I've been experiencing new things during the execution of our projects. We had to get 384 respondents for our Tourism Research project and at first it seem almost impossible. But a few days back, we headed down to SIM and we managed to clear 150 respondents in 2 hours. It was really a sense of accomplishment and we were all very happy hahaha. 

Having a love-hate relationship for the next few months. I am honestly very excited for the future but as time pass faster, I have to brace myself for exams and project submissions and that's really... tiring. 

Having classes till 7PM thanks to public holidays and Open House doesn't help either. 

Though drained, I'm still pretty happy about life. But if anyone decides to go all emotional and needy at me during this period of time, please don't blame me if I become indifferent or if I accidentally punch your face. 

Alright, the end of my weekly rant. Good bye from the Tourism kids who had class till 7 today. Tgif yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment