Saturday, October 11, 2014

Distance



Today, my Mom asked if I miss home, to which I said "not really". 

You would think that being 6,759 miles away from home would make me a little homesick, but I really do not feel anything. Yeah it is still too early to say anything, but I asked my flaties (aka flatmates) and some of my Singaporean friends if they do miss home, and most of them will nod their head. And yes, I've been called "heartless" by my friends, but what's new. 

I don't miss my parents because we do Skype rather regularly, fortunately. I don't feel the distance, yet somehow this distance seems to make me closer than ever to my parents, because I am just pouring every single thing out to them - it could be as insignificant as the weather, my home-cooked meals and the inefficiency of UK. I cannot stop blabbering whenever I skype with my folks, and sometimes my Mom has to shut me up subtly by saying "okay, now what time already go and rest/cook/do whatever I was supposed to do." hahaha. 

"Distance makes the heart grow fonder." Not for me, distance just improves my relationship haha. 

It's quite a struggle but I guess I would rather not feel anything, because what good will it do to me anyway? I don't want to shed tears just because I miss home, that's some unnecessary feelings right there. 

My parents and I said a lot more "love you" than we ever did for the past 20 years though HAHA. 

Of course, I don't wanna jinx anything though! I hope things either stay the same or it gets better from here. 

/crosses fingers/ 

and yay to sleep-in Saturdays!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment