Thursday, July 31, 2014

20


Last week I hit the big 2. 

Didn't feel any excitement or a little sad that my teenage years are over. Well I guess I can lie to myself and say that I am still twenteen ehehehehe. But seriously, sometimes I wished I could feel a little more, just a little will be fine. I really wanted to be hyped up for my birthday, since it is my last year celebrating in this red dot before I pursue my studies. 

How sad, to only feel numbness, to feel like it is just any other day. 

But I am still glad and thankful for all the surprises I received! Being a glutton I am, my friends all know that a free meal will be able to suffice as my present AHA. So I have been getting tons of free meals and tons of calories and tons of happiness FREE FooOOoooOOooOD!!!!!!!

Quick summary on how the birthday week went. 

Spent my birthday eve with Breastie Lai going to our little secret gem - the dim sum shop HAHA. 2 person only $19?! Walao I was too nice on him already. Didn't do much, had to head down to Cake Spade to collect the birthday cake for my Dad (his birthday is one day after mine), got treated to a Hummingbird Cake (yaaaaaaay!), hang chilled around before I cabbed back home cause I was too lazy hahaha. 


Come to think about it, he has seen or helped celebrate my birthday for the 9th year HAHA. 

When it was 0018h, Faz, Vetty, Dev, Ws and Banabs came over to surprise me with... guess what? That's right! FOOOOOOD. Was in my Auntie mode and was surprised. So yay congrats guys surprise was successful ahahahaha look at me sounding so smug and conceited. I'm kidding, I'm really thankful! 


Downed one tray of homemade Nutella Bread Pudding baked by F ah guilty pleasures. Thank you F for all the homemade goodies I love them my parents love your cookies too yummers. 

My picture of the bread puddings didn't do them justice. I shall give the cookies another try and post it some other time!! 


Spent the first half of my birthday with F by going to the Trick Eye Museum, finally!!!! The place is rather small and you can comb it in an hour or so. But it was fun doing retarded poses, though it was a little awkward for me initially HAHA I don't know how blog shop models do it?!??? Or just anyone who does ootds. I felt like I was posing for 30 ootds in that 1 hour. 







BEST PICTURE SRS HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.






Wow much expressions many acting. 




Headed home for a reaaaaal simple dinner because parents wanted to save their stomach for the cake. Yay they liked it, would really want to try making the strawberry cheesecake but the Joyce Lim version but too bad house doesn't have an electric mixer?? Hands not enough muscles to mix the whole shit up man. 



Ok so that was how I spent my birthday hahaha. 

Next day was Daddy's birthday so I stayed home. Headed out for dinner together with Mom after she knocked off from work. Had seafood that was situated near my Mom's workplace and oh my god it was sooooooo goooooood!!! 

Guys, please go to Seafood Paradise at Defu Lane ok YOU WON'T REGRET. 






Had work at the centre the next day and was assigned to assist the K1 class. They are so disciplined compared to the other classes and I am back together with my favourite boy yay!! He is so adorable, such a handsome and sweet young boy.

They were poking a girl for fun and then she burst out crying. All the others just left her in tears, but only my handsome young one stayed and told her, "It's okay Siti, we are just playing with you. Don't cry okay Siti? I'm sorry, Siti. Come, let's go play together." and he stretched out his hand and grab hers. SUCH A SWEETHEART RIGHT?! Sigh I love you Aidil ahahahahahahahaha. 

Met my Aunt and niece for some dinner treat at Carnivore Appetite. MEH, it was disappointing. Should have went to the main Carnivore at MBS. Brought them to Llao Llao cause I wanted them to try their yogurt and coincidentally Ly was working too!! So adorbs kept snapping pictures of her like I was a paparazzi so funny to see her embarrassed and annoyed hahaha. 





Thank you bby genius for the generous slash in price mwah.



Work on Friday together with Hon and Kris then it was supper till real late but it was a good night! Convertible huat. 



On Saturday, I managed to get my hands on NDP preview tickets with the help of Marcus, so thank you so much!!!! I really wanted to go for this year's parade because for the nth number of times I'm saying this, I am leaving. But I forgot to sign up for the balloting so I thought I had no chance. But yay I'm blessed! It was supposed to be with my Tius heads but there were some issues so we cannot full strength / sobs / Nevertheless, it was still fun! Pretty fireworks, old school songs and sunny weather, what's not to like :-) 






Headed to Timbré for dinner after with tattoos on our cheeks cause we rebellious, really missing the duck and yakiniku chicken pizzas! Anboo joined us then, so we just spend the night chilling with the live band. And ended up having to run for our last train hahahaha. Good night good night. 


Yesterday, met up with my other niece for lunch at TCC (since I get 50% off during my birthday month he he he). I was skeptical with what she wanted to order but out of the 3 we ordered - Baby Crayfish Salad, Buffalo Wings and Crayfish Baked Rice, the salad fared the best. Surprise surprise. 


3 items = $60 ok. Lucky have 50% off else my niece sure heart pain hahaha. 

Brought her to Cold Stone since she never tried it before and was craving for ice cream, and now she has jumped onto the Cold Stone bandwagon! 


Met Yvette after to catch Begin Again. Felt like a mini concert in the theatre HAHA. Wanted to satisfy our crumble cravings but the café was closed!?!?!?!?! Walao so depressed ok. In the end we cabbed down to Esette Café to settle our dinner. 

Service was excellent - they extended their opening hours just for us! But the food fared otherwise. 


B.E.S.T Waffle | Sadly wasn't the best. The waffles were crispy though! And their scrambled eggs were different from others, theirs weren't creamy, but they had something else which we can't figure out hahaha. Sadly, the bacon was cold though. PORTION WAS HUGE OK BEWARE.


Norwegian Benedict | Eggs were successfully poached, but the whole dish wasn't warm either, it was a tad too cold. They do have avocado fillings in between the salmon and muffin though. 


Churros ($9) | Similar to that of Grub's, theirs were a little too doughy for my liking. 


Apple Crumble w/ Mixed Berries | THIS was warm, finally. The combination of warm apple slices and cold vanilla ice cream hit the spot, but the crumbles tasted a little funny. They weren't crispy and a little too doughy too sobs. 

We also tried their Fruit Splash which smelled a little chao seng. Hahaha sian. But really, the service, I salute man. 

Thank you for the free meals, movie tickets, cab ride, extra tummy and double chin HAHA sugar mommy yay u iz bez. 


Well, guess that's all so far! I can't wait for my Visa to get approved so I can get more shit done. 

---

Sigh, Joyce. Twenty and still stupid. Don't be a disappointment man. 

1 comment: