Sunday, June 29, 2014

High Hopes

Okay let's get down to the real deal and skip all the greetings. Besides work, the highlights of this week began on Thursday.

Thursday was the start of the many departures that I will witness in the extremely near future. Pudge was leaving for Oz that day. I was sad, but I didn't think it will lead to a little tearing hahaha stupid thoughts. I have no idea if I will ever see this girl again, but it has been a joy to have her around, be it near or far :-) 

I came across a quote a few weeks ago and it made a lot of sense to me. 

"Airports saw more sincere kisses than wedding halls, and the walls of hospitals have heard more prayers than the walls of churches."

This is not exactly relevant but I really love heading to the airport though. Makes my being at peace, somehow. Was at the airport super early so spent my time exploring the terminal and ended up finding joy in texture colouring. Feelin' the young vibes kickin' in ya know.



So timely to receive the letter she mailed out on the night of her departure. If you are reading this (and I know you will), remember to take good care of yourself!! We shall connect virtually from now on, love you Jeraldyn Wu.

Alv, Bryan and I settled at Saboten for our dinner and their food was so goooood okay. That restaurant introduced sesame dressing to my family and we have been loving it ever since. And it is so rare to actually get Alvin to agree that the food is nice okay, but he said "this is damn nice" TWICE so just imagine how good it is. *_*

Then it was dim sum lunch with Allie on Friday, seems like the only cuisine we meet to eat recently is dim sum hahaha not that I mind!! So happy with this little dim sum stall so cheap and so good, especially the fritters hwaaaah. And the custard bun that keeps flowing and the carrot cake and the char siew pau I AM DEFINITELY GOING THERE AGAIN. And ya in case you are wondering, I do not plan to share the location of this little hidden gem and if I do, I will be very selective about it hahaha sorry for being possessive and selfish with my resources ~ ~ ~ 




Headed down to Sim Lim Square to fix my phone's screen because I fucked it up. Was fuming at myself because I could have saved up this money and spend it on something else. Thankfully, someone introduced me to this shop at SLS. Got my screen fixed in 30 mins plus got myself a free screen protector and 1 month warranty, all these for less than a hundred bucks!

If you really wanna know where it is, the shop is called GW Mobile and is located on Level 5! Look for Wendy :-)

And because after all that we still had a lot of time to spare, we decided to catch 22 Jump Street hahaha it is so hilarious. 



Picture above pretty much sums up our friendship - me being annoyed at his verbal abuse and bullying while he basks in satisfaction at my annoyance. 


Caught TFIOS with F on Saturday and sobbed like a little bitch, till the Caucasian woman beside me had to offer me her tissue hahahahaha. It was a really sad movie to me, though I wouldn't give it the highest of ratings. Such a relatable movie though.



Today saw a part of Trila at The Coastal Settlement!!!! Finally found someone who is willing to travel all the way to the East to try out their food hahaha. Took an hour long ride before we reached, but it was an hour well spent! 

Tried to surprise Emz but ha ha ha FAILED AGAIN talk about bad luck man, was bringing Hm and Rx in and Emz just had to shift from the al-fresco area to the indoor table at the same time -_- Didn't take good pictures of the food too cause of the lighting boohoo. Overall, food was decent but a one time visit is sufficient for me haha. Their portobello fries were good though!!!

Also, their pavlova is definitely one of the better ones I've tried :-)






Tomorrow is my last day at the centre. As much as I go crazy because of their crazy mischievous personalities, I know deep down I will miss them, and miss the market's food too hahahaha. And it's going to be weird to not be able to see this woman's face on a daily basis anymore.



Oh well, to better days ahead!  

No comments:

Post a Comment