Sunday, December 15, 2013

Young and Free

Last week was probably my worst week physically, was down with fever and a bad throat infection halfway through my internship. Don't even know how that happened but I completely lost my voice so I sounded like a dying duck half the time. 

That didn't stop me from eating junkies and calorie-high food throughout the weekends though hehe. Even though we stay less than 10 minutes away from each other, it took Ws and I more than 4 months just to go out for a meal. Settled for Grub, and though I wasn't too impressed by their mains, we thought they did a good job with their churros! Hahahaha it was hilarious watching Ws's expression changed after he took a bite off his churros - he looked like he just saw something magical. That uncle has never eaten a single churro in his life so he was pretty blown off by the fresh, crunchy exterior. Grub serve them in a cup with dark chocolate and tangy creme anglaise dips *_* 


Roasted Pork Belly. Honestly? I think those at hawker centres are nicer and a lot cheaper.

Pan Seared Salmon with Risotto. It was my first time eating Risotto and to me it just tasted like rice with gravy. It's either Grub doesn't serve good Risotto or I just don't appreciate it. All these fanciful names haiyo. 


Then we had a mini trekking expedition at the park where he almost fell. Of all places, the uncle decided to chill at the prawning place before heading to the coffee shop nearby our place to gobble down some oyster omelette. Not a fan of oysters or seafood in general (except fish) so I consumed only the omelette yums. 




I'm really blessed to have a friend like you. Glad I got past the bad first impression you left on me hiak. 

Saturday was crazily packed with plans but long story short, my weekend went something like:
Ramen Ten for lunch with F > Strangers Reunion with Neo > Saveur & Frozen with my Sawadeeka buddies 

I was looking forward to stuff Strangers Reunion's waffles in my mouth because everyone was raving about it but I was damn upset that mine was burnt?!?! And so many people were recommending to pair the waffles with their artisan greek yogurt but personally I think it will go better with their ice cream. There's something amiss when you pair waffles with anything else besides ice cream - it just lacks the WAH BAM! feeling, if you get what I mean haha.


We also gave their Matcha Azuki cake, Spam Fries and Ham Hock Benedict a try! I like the cake because the matcha flavor is pretty distinct and I love the combination of red beans and matcha so it won me over heh. We were quite excited for spam fries but got disappointed round 2 when we realised it is just luncheon meat so well ok. And Ham Hock Benedict just taste like Eggs Benedict so overall it was.... decent I guess :/ Expected more! 




I was shit full by the time I met with my thai travel buddies but like I mentioned before, I hardly say no to food. We were supposed to surprise Yvette as a belated birthday surprise and I guess she really was? Hahahaha. Settled for Duck Confit at Saveur, the mash potato was tasty and the duck wasn't dry at all, so it was a good choice to have that dish! Would appreciate it better if the portion was bigger though. 

Then Banabs had to head back for tear down so Dev, Vetty and I made an impromptu decision to catch Frozen! Initally, both of them were quite skeptical of the movie because it is well, Disney but yay the movie turned out to be quite kickass! 

I had a really good weekend last week and I would love to continue blogging about this week's adventure but I'm tired and I think I should have self-control in terms of the consumption of food HAIYA.

Why not born hot? Wai? Whye?

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment