Thursday, November 12, 2015

Eradicate

It is only when I am at my busiest with coursework that I feel the motivation to blog ugh. 

Thought of the day:

Majority of people, myself included, always comfort and advice the family and friends around us to not have much expectations. "With expectations come disappointment, expect nothing and you will never be disappointed." I used to tell this to the people around me and to myself too, when I have failed to achieve what I planned to. At times, those words work like a charm - it makes you feel a tad better and comforts you. But now, I'd say that this is a great example of 吃不到葡萄说葡萄酸 kind of situation. Sorry my lack of vocabulary has forced me to use a Chinese idiom to explain hahaha. 

In my opinion, I think expectations are necessary because it sets a benchmark for every individual. While failing to fulfil your goals may amplify your pain, it allows you to gauge how far and how much you have to work in order to reach the finishing line. Expectations also allow you to perceive your worth. Taking this out of academic context, I think majority of us have certain unspoken expectations for our closest ones. If they fall short, then it proves something - not how worthy you are, but how you are worth so much more; how you should get what you deserve and not settle for something less. 

It is the acceptance of failure and having the courage to confront such matters that essentially make things better. 

And unfortunately, those are things I am horrible at. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm your fan continue to post more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry my grammar was fucked up, pardon me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha still trying to figure out who you are and I think I might have a clue, but thank you ;-)

    ReplyDelete